Announcing a big event? Whether you're finally launching that new business, welcoming a new bundle of joy, or tying the knot, our beautiful custom printed save the date cards will set the tone for your event and let people know exactly when to mark their calendars. Choose from 3 convenient sizes and 15+ paper types. With low 25 minimums and up to 100,000 per order, you can easily adjust your order to the size of your affair.
How to Make a Great Save the Date Card
Announce your big day in style with a save the date card from 4OVER4. But before you start planning your design and typing out the copy, be sure to brush up on best practices. Find out how to make your cards great—and what to avoid—before giving your guests a formal heads up.
- 1 – Don’t include registry info. This can seem a little pushy. Save registry info for the official invitations, whether your event is a wedding, shower, or any other gift-worthy event.
- 2 – Do exercise your creative side. Save the date postcards give you a little extra wiggle room creatively. If you’re sending wedding save the dates, let the couple shine. Get quirky. Be fun. Let your personality come out before things get more formal. Now is the time to get people excited while reminding them to mark their calendars.
- 3 – Do send them sooner rather than later. For destination weddings, try to send them at least 8 months in advance. For local weddings, aim for 4 months.
- 4 – Don’t go overboard. Save the dates are supposed to be simple. So, stick to what’s in your budget. 4OVER4.com offers cheap save the dates so you can stay on track financially—and save for the things that truly matter (like that massive chocolate cake).
- 5 – Do make the date prominent. Have fun with the language. Just be sure to make the date a focal point of the card.
Ways to Use Save the Date Postcards
There are countless ways to use save the date postcards. With an important event on the horizon, there’s no better way to get people to mark their calendars. Save the date postcards can be used for numerous types of events, from wedding invitations to birth announcements.
Here are a few ways to use save the date postcards to your advantage.
Wedding Save the Dates: For wedding guests, save the dates serve as a simple concrete reminder. These cards give them the opportunity to mark their calendars and plan ahead. Don’tforget to create yours far in advance so you can send them out with ample time to spare.
Showers and Announcements: Are you having a little bundle of bliss? Starting a new biz? Such life-changing events could call for a mailed save the date card. These pre-invitation postcards give your guests the time to plan for your special event. That way, once the actual invitations come, they will be ready with an answer and open days on their calendars.
Fundraisers and Festivals: Big-ticket events call for a big heads up—and plenty of time to prep. Before you get started on posters and large collateral pieces, start small and design save the date cards.
Make Your Own Save the Date Cards at 4OVER4.com
You can save a bundle by designing your own save the date cards and printing them on 4OVER4.com. Thanks to free new design tools and affordable online printing, DIY design is the way to go. From custom thank you cards to tri fold invitations, 4OVER4 has it all.
Once you have fashioned the perfect design, you can further customize your save the date cards on our site.
Here are a few good ways to add a personalized touch:
- Try a different size. Our custom save the date cards come in three popular sizes, including the classic 5x7.
- Go premium. We offer a wide range of premium paper. Choose from a selection of paper types, including coated, uncoated, linen, and metallic pearlescent.
- Order different cards. Want to print a few different designs? Perhaps you want to send one type to your family and another to your friends. With our easy online ordering options, you can order two sets in minutes.
- Add high gloss UV coating. Our high gloss UV coating makes each card shine with a finish unlike any other.
- Complete the look with matching invitation envelopes. A matching envelope gives your card an additional level of elegance and charm.
Ready to save the date and make a big splash at your event? It all starts at 4OVER4.com. Submit your design to our team of printing specialists today.
Important Artwork Notice!
- Many Paper Stocks to Choose From
- Upload Your Own Design
- Matching Envelopes
- Low Minimums of 25
- Multiple Sizes Available
- Ready in 0 to 5 Days
Available Paper Types:
- 14pt Gloss Cover
- 15pt Cover, Gloss 1 Side (30% PCW)
- 16pt Gloss Cover
- 24pt Ultra Thick Gloss Cover
- 14pt Uncoated Cover (30% PCW)
- 14pt Cream Uncoated Cover (30% PCW)
- 18pt Uncoated Cover (100% PCW)
- 18pt Cream Uncoated Cover
- 13pt Uncoated Cover (100% PCW)
- 14pt White Linen
- 18pt Premium White Linen
- 15pt Metallic Pearl Ice