Paper vs Plastic? How to Choose Between Different Business Card Materials
When it comes to business cards, do you prefer paper or plastic? They each offer some especially unique advantages that can suit your business interests. While the finish options for each are endless, you can start by deciding which business card materials make the most sense for your business and objectives.
At a glance or with a quick touch, paper may seem to be the safer option. But no matter what material you choose, you should consider the benefits and potential concerns of each. For example, plastic can offer unheard of durability and longevity. No matter what you choose, 4OVER4 offers premium finishes and printing to make any card pop.
As you enter the search to find the best possible business card, make sure you put the possibility of plastic on your radar. Let's read on to take a look at some of the details that lie behind both the paper and plastic cards.
The Benefits of Plastic Business Cards
Plastic cards can be especially useful for some industries because of their durability, thickness, and unique capability to be either clear or opaque. They instantly create a memorable experience as they are not common in today's regular course of business. You are sure to wow anyone who receives one of these cards.
4OVER4 carries many types of business cards, from spot UV coated paper to sheer plastic. While there are no wrong ways to stand out, you should consider the benefits of custom plastic business cards before pulling the trigger—and putting the ink—on paper.
4OVER4 Plastic Business Cards will:
- Feel heavier and more durable. You would be surprised how much value people place on weight. Heavy plastic business cards give off a sense of quality and prestige that must be felt to comprehend. Additionally, they are built to last. If you go plastic, you can rest assured that your cards will withstand a few drops and bends.
- Create a unique first impression. When you pass someone your business card, a part of your future could be in the balance. What does your card say about your style and ambition? Our 20-point white rigid vinyl plastic cards speak volumes. Not only does it say that you are professional, but that you care about your craft and your vision.
- Give you an edge in more ways than one. Our rounded plastic cards come with your choice of ¼ or 1/8 rounded corners. This helps ensure a soft touch, as hard plastic edges would be too pointy for easy handling. That means you have the advantage of the plastic effect without hurting anyone who is lucky enough to receive one of these cards.
- Capture a Crowd. Sometimes you’re up against dozens, if not hundreds, of other professionals in your field. That calls for something a little less traditional. To stand out at conferences, networking events, trade shows, and interviews, try out our white, rigid vinyl plastic business card. A business card like this would allow you to stay fresh in people's minds and make sure that everyone you chat with remembers you.
The Benefits of Paper Business Cards
Plastic is certainly different. But that doesn’t make paper a basic option by any means. With paper, you have a seemingly endless number of customizations.
You will have the opportunity to use countless different shapes, edges, textures, and colors. But there’s more.
With dozens of finishes and paper types, paper can become a palette to express every interest and needs of your business. Before making a decision, consider the benefits of paper-based business card materials as well:
- All the options. Paper gives you the freedom to choose. Want a silky smooth matte finish? We have it. From thick to thin, glossy to matte, you can find nearly any finish to suit your needs. Create texture, smoothness, shine, or matte to make sure that the cards meet your every desire.
- Enhanced thickness. Plastic cards don’t need to be thick to be durable. Given it’s rigidity, there’s no need to go any thicker than 20-point. With paper, you have the opportunity to get a much thicker card. With thickness up to 80 pt thickness, the luxurious feel is undeniable.
- Beautiful laminations. With paper, you have a range of lamination options. Some just can’t get enough of our classic glossy finishes. Glossy finishes add a smooth texture while still shining and leaving a great impression on anyone who sees it.
- Compelling textures. Our raised foil, velvet laminated, soft touch, and velvet laminated cards are second to none when it comes to stirring the senses. Not only will your cards look fantastic, but they will also feel like one of a kind when you hand them to potential clients.
- A variety of shapes. Die cut business cards make a lasting impression. Why not change shape to capture a little added attention? 4OVER4 offers a range of precision, die cut Business Cards in various shapes. Need something more custom? Reach out for a quote on any size or shape that can highlight the product or services that your business offers.
Paper or Plastic? Which Will You Choose?
Why not choose both? With our low minimums and dedication to getting it right, you can easily order some of each. Or if you do not want to commit just yet please order a free sample pack to see the paper types in real life. Not only can they each make their own amazing first impression, but you can also choose what is best for your own business and industry.
This may seem overwhelming as both options are great in their own manner, but now we can break it down to evaluate our options. Go through our checklists below to decide what features are unique to each business card material.
The Paper Checklist:
- Various shapes
- Raised and metallic foils
- Silk, gloss, and velvet laminations
- Protective coatings
- 80-point thickness
- Painted edges
- Spot UV Coatings
- Painted edges
The Plastic Checklist:
- Virtually indestructible material
- Frosted and clear material
- Metallic foil options
- Water resistance
- Bold styles with a more traditional white option
Order Your Paper or Plastic Business Cards
4OVER4 has been in printing custom paper products for over 20 years. We have remarkable, high-quality plastic and paper products and an around-the-clock customer support team to assist you with any questions regarding business card ideas or paper types.
No matter the material and finish, you can find the perfect creative business cards at 4OVER4.com. Browse all our Business Cards, design services, printing services, paper stocks, and products today.