Metallic Foil Business Cards
Some key bullet points about Metallic Foil Business Cards from 4OVER4.COM:
- Foil Available on Front, Back or Both Sides
- Only one foil color available per project
- Printed on 16-point cardstock with silk lamination
- Avoid using small/ fine text or fonts for foil objects
- For best results, make sure that the foil coverage is less than 50% of the artwork area
- There may be up to a 1/16" shift on the placement of the foil. Keep this in mind if you are trying to align foil with other printed artwork on the card
All metallic foil business cards are printed on 16-point cardstock and are SILK LAMINATED. An order for metallic foil business cards can only have one type of foil, either Gold or Silver. Hence, an order with Gold foil on the front and Silver foil on the back is NOT POSSIBLE.
When doing a metallic foil business card, a foil mask must be created and uploaded with your full color file. The file for the Foil mask MUST ONLY be black and white (100% Black). 100% Black in the areas you want the foil, and white in the areas you do not want the foil. You must ensure that your foil mask file only has 100% black in it and will represent where there will be foil stamped on the final product. (please see images below illustrating how to correctly set up your files).