Get the Word Out with Standard Size Business Cards
Imagine you are at a job fair, conference, or networking event—surrounded by people interested in doing business with you. How can you present your business and instantly grab the interest of potential customers? Solid eye contact and a stern handshake can’t hurt. And a great elevator pitch can work wonders. But before you ever open your mouth or shake a hand, a simple pass of the card could be all you need to delight people. After all, a business card is one of the most effective networking conversation starters.
These must-have marketing tools play a vital role in lead generation and business networking. Custom business cards represent your brand and give clients a simple and effective way to find your contact details and get in touch with you.
Not Your Ordinary Standard Business Card
Our standard size business cards are anything but basic. Even in today's digital era, the swapping of business cards is a universal ritual in the business world. And there are countless ways to customize our standard size business cards to ensure yours is beyond the ordinary.
Whether you are a business owner, an entry-level employee, or a job seeker, you can find a card to suit your needs and extend your network. When you choose 4OVER4, you can rest assured that you will be remembered and revered. If you want to attract the eyes of potential clients, you have to spark conversations with your marketing tools. High-quality cards are as important as ever. Make a killer first impression and promote your brand with this vital and relevant tool. Starting at just $16 for a box of 100, our standard business cards are a cost-efficient tool for propelling your business forward.
The Benefits of Business Cards
According to Statistic Brain Research Institute, 72% of people judge a company or person based on the quality of their business cards. Therefore, it's fundamental that you create professional looking business cards that make a positive, lasting impact.
39% of people would choose not to do business with someone if they have a "cheap looking" business card, as shared by a colourfast infographic. It's wise to choose quality paper stocks that display your attention to detail and passion for your business.
That being said, all of our standard business cards exceed the highest expectations. In fact, our standard size business cards are long on options and short on limitations.
Here are just a few ways to make your standard business cards anything but.
- Add a little shine. A gloss cover or high gloss UV coating finish catches the light and attracts the eye. It’s a sure-fire way to stand out.
- Go thicker. 4OVER4 gives you countless options when it comes to paper. You simply can’t go wrong with a thick, high-quality paper card. You can find standard size business cards in vastly different levels of thickness, ranging from 14 pt to with 80 pt.
- Dot your I’s and round your corners. Never estimate the power of a good curve. At 4OVER4.com, you can choose between 3/8” and 1/8” inch radius corners. Rounded business cards bring out a new dimension and glide smoothly through the hands.
- Try unconventional sizes. The standard size business card has stood the test of time. It feels natural to the touch and fits perfectly in card slots. But there’s just something about a square or custom-sized card. If you’re on the fence about alternative sizes, order a minimum amount and share them with your most trusted advisors.
Tips For Designing a Killer Business Card
A huge part of landing your dream job or attracting the attention of potential customers is how you present yourself to your audience. Powerful communication tools are a must. And personalized cards can exude charm and highlight your business persona. Here is a list of do's and don'ts when it comes to this must-have print product:
- Design with a purpose—and a vision that aligns with your business
- Choose the right color combinations to match both online and offline marketing materials
- Consider full-color printing on both sides for maximum effect
- Use simple aesthetic themes and visually appealing designs that highlight your contact information
- Provoke strong emotions through eye-catching designs and persuasive copy
- Combine multiple typefaces
- Make text abstract or illegible
- Choose a generic design
- Opt for a busy background
- Select visually unappealing shapes
- Feature inappropriate jokes
Fun Facts About Business Cards
The first business cards started to circulate in the 17th century in Europe, where they were used to announce the arrival of aristocratic people to their local town or even their home. They were the shape of a playing card and became a symbol of the elite by the middle of the century.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries 'visiting cards' were given as tangible evidence of social obligations (like visiting homes).
- In Japan, you should always use both hands to receive or handover a business card.
- In China, it is preferred to present your own card before asking for another person's card.
- In India, you should only give out and receive cards in your right hand.
In the United States, rules and custom involving business cards have evolved. However, many have stood the tests of time. For one, cards are typically handed out by the right hand. They should never be written on and should not be carried loosely in the pocket or a purse. And when you reach for a card, be sure to inspect it before passing it over—a near-hidden crease could tarnish an otherwise perfect exchange.
Which Business Card Should You Use?
Whether you're creating your first card or updating your old ones, it's vital to carry your standard size cards in your wallet wherever you go. Now the question is... which style will best fit your brand and needs? We've answered this question by featuring a comparison chart below to help you make the best decision. Take a look:
|Product||Starting Price||Sizes||Paper Stock||Minimum Quantity||Print Turnaround|
|Standard Business Cards||$16||2" x 3.5", 2" x 2" and
1.5" x 3.5" as well
as custom sizes
|100||3 Business Days
Same Day Option
|Spot UV Business Cards||$70||2" x 3.5"||- 14pt Gloss Cover
- 16pt Gloss Cover
|500||5 Business Days|
|Gloss Laminated Business cards||$29.49||2" x 3.5", 2" x 2" and
1.5" x 3.5"
|22pt Gloss Laminated||50||5 Business Days
Same Day Option
|Prestige Collection Business Cards||$189||4 Standard Sizes||8 Thick Paper Stocks||50||5 Business Days
Same Day Option
Print Your Standard Business Cards Today
At 4OVER4, quality is a top priority. No matter the shape, finish or size, our business cards are designed to withstand wear, time, and tear. And we guarantee the best results every time you place an order with us. Discover all of our premium business card printing services today. For any questions regarding our standard size business cards, please call 4OVER4 Customer Support at 1-718-932-2700 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Many Paper Types Available
- Hi gloss UV Available
- Same Day Service Available
- Low 100 Minimums
Available Paper Types:
- 14pt Gloss Cover
- 15pt Cover, Gloss 1 Side (30% PCW)
- 16pt Gloss Cover
- 24pt Ultra Thick Gloss Cover
- 14pt Uncoated Cover (30% PCW)
- 14pt Cream Uncoated Cover (30% PCW)
- 16pt Uncoated Cover
- 16pt Uncoated with Soft Touch
- 18pt Uncoated Cover (100% PCW)
- 18pt Cream Uncoated Cover
- 18pt Kraft Uncoated Cover
- 110# Strathmore Bright White Wove
Also in This Category:
- 3D Lenticular
- Black Business Cards
- Die Cut Business Cards
- Edge Painted Business Cards
- Fat Foil Business Cards
- Foldover Business Cards
- Free Business Cards
- Gloss Laminated
- Kraft Business Cards
- Layer Cake Business Cards
- Metallic Foil Business Cards
- Raised Foil
- Raised Spot UV
- Rigid Plastic
- Silk Laminated
- Soft Touch
- Spot UV Business Cards
- The Prestige Collection
- Velvet Laminated