Businesses always need promotional material such as brochures, reports, and flyers. Business printing companies are valuable allies in the production of these documents. Due to the high volume required, online printing has become a very popular way to meet the demand. Before submitting documents for production, you should follow some basic guidelines for their flyer printing jobs. Creative designs guarantee better results, targeting audiences and increasing brand recognition.
Customers love flyers and have shown to act when flyer printing is done in a creative and audience-appropriate manner. The statistics indicate that there is always a positive response from potential customers when they receive a flyer.
The relevance of flyer printing today
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) investigated the importance of flyers. They also researched how effective flyer marketing is in an increasingly digital world.
Here are the findings:
· 78% and 79% of consumers glance at door drops and direct mail, while 23% and 32% proceed to read them properly, respectively. Flyers with discounts or money-off coupons are kept by 33% of recipients.
· 71% of consumers who receive coupons, free samples, and offers at the right time in their purchase journey claim that the information helps them to narrow down their options. The same results are reflected in 66% of consumers who receive supermarket offers, 62% who receive money-off coupons, and 47% who receive new product flyers.
· 48% of flyer recipients actually visit the advertised business, request more information, or make a purchase.
Industries that have had success distributing flyers
According to the DMA, FMCG industries are the most successful brands through door drops. The survey revealed that 74% are happy to receive mailings from such twice a month. Restaurants scored 50% while local services received 46%.
How do you make flyers too compelling to be ignored?
• Place the strongest visual element at the top of the flyer where it will be seen first. This can be the company’s logo or other visual elements. The use of the logo makes sure the reader knows who is reaching out to them.
• Eye-catching graphics and high-quality digital photos are the first elements to grab the reader’s attention. Either use one compelling image or group several smaller ones together to form a strong focal point.
• Use strong writing with a call to action. An eye-catching headline or phrase should be placed near the top of the flyer in a font significantly larger than the text used in the body.
• Always remember to keep a lookout for the bleed areas, although an online flyer printing company like 4OVER4 will do a second check, it is important that you’re sure that your text and graphics will not be on the areas that will be cut once the flyer printing process is complete.
• Use one or two fonts. One is better. Vary the size and use bolding or italics to emphasize important key concepts or points in the body of the flyer’s text.
• Make sure the font color can be read easily against the background color if one is used. Generally, a lighter background with dark, high-contrast text is easy to read. If some background color is desired, pastels work well in conjunction with black or very dark blue printing.
• Text used as a graphic element can be set off in a sidebar or text box to add emphasis.
• Make sure the writing targets the right audience and talks directly to them. Use words such as “you” and “yours” to make the connection. Avoid “we,” “us,” and “ours.” It’s all about the customer and his needs, not about the company.
• Give clear directions to the audience. A call to action lays out exactly what the audience needs to do to get the desired results. “Call Us Today” and “Order Now” are two examples.
Quick tips for winning with flyer printing in a post-modern world
Make the message clear with flyer printing- Ensure that the content of your flyer is succinct and direct. You have to assume that people have a low concentration span. Author Deepak Menon wrote an article saying attention spans have reduced from 12 seconds in 2000 to 8 seconds in 2015. Craft a clear message that captures and maintains attention.
Appeal to the emotions of your readers- There is a famous saying that goes, "people remember how you made them feel". Rile up the emotions of potential customers to spring into action and buy your products. For example “Healthy food not only nourishes your body but also makes you feel good and energetic to keep the fight alive.”
Be consistent- Customers may not love your product at the first glance so you need to build a relationship with them by distributing flyers on a regular basis.
Master your target audience with flyer printing- According to London Circular, you need to know your target audience intimately. If you are a grocery store, your flyers should resonate with grocery consumers. Use human examples of people who buy everyday groceries so that you can make them relatable.
Using these few simple guidelines, you can make sure that your flyer will be effective once it comes back from the online printing company. Prior thought and planning make flyer printing an easy process both for the customer and the business printing company. There are less false starts, misunderstandings, confusion, and monetary loss for both sides of the business equation.
Remember, for all your business printing needs (poster printing, catalog printing, etc.) identify a company like 4OVER4 where you get the assistance you need. Set your business goals and let your flyers facilitate reaching them faster.