Jun 18, 2020 Clap 1966 ViewCopy Link
If you're here for this article it's probably because you know the value of flyers or you have an event coming up. It is great that you want to start on the right foot by doing some research. If it's just curiosity and you would like to know how to make custom flyers, you're still in good company as I will lay out the advantages and disadvantages of customizing ready flyer templates from the internet as opposed to designing from scratch. I will also share some purposes for cost-effective flyers and the situations you may need them, so read on!
First off, what exactly is a template? It is a pre-designed copy that has parts that you can alter to suit you. The colors, the font and text are some of the things you can change in a template. You can see how it makes the design process so much faster and easier since you only have to make alterations. Source
Some Benefits of Going With a Template for Custom Flyers Include:
1- Very fast process.
2- Easy to get it done with no design skills.
3- Tried and tested because it has definitely been printed before.
4- You get the quality of working with a professional.
5- You don't pay the amount you would have paid a professional.
As with everything out there, there are also some downsides to using templates and they include:
1- There is a chance you might come across a design similar to yours elsewhere.
2- The element of a unique design is drastically reduced.
3- Due to being generic, you cannot control all aspects of the design.
4- You may not be able to pass the message you want to with the theme.
5- It may not fit all the elements of custom flyers design that you have in mind.
This offers benefits such as:
1- A fully customizable flyer design.
2- Unique end product.
3- Perfect for your needs.
Some Disadvantages Include:
1- It is a bit costly to hire a designer.
2- It will take some time to decide on the final design as everything is dynamic.
3- You may make an unavoidable design mistake that will cost you to correct.
1- To serve as invitations for an event you may be having. In this case, you could go for fancy ones such as embossed flyers or metallic flyers.
2- To announce a special occasion such as a holiday at your job or facility.
3- To advertise a sale or offer that your store is having.
4- To spread some information such as instructions on how to maintain hygiene in a certain setting.
5- To introduce a new product or service that your existing business is offering. Depending on your design and the intention you have for the flyers, you may choose to go for a template.
- For a new business that does not have a lot of money for overheads.
- For a small event or occasion, that is no big deal.
- To sell or market something that is not design centered at all.
- If your announcement is basic and straightforward, there may not be the need to use too much precise design for your flyer.
- If it is a serious announcement in which case you don't want to distract the readers from the main message with fancy graphics.
- If they are for a super-fancy event or something worth its weight in gold.
- For an established business that has a lot to lose in terms of reputation.
- If you have a reason to really bring your A-game, for instance, if it is a competition and that is allowed.
- When you are generally aiming to impress and have a lot riding on quality design.
- If you are in completely unfamiliar territory in terms of not having a clue what to do but need certain standards met.
In the end, it is to your discretion if you need to use a designer or settle for a template but you will do well to search online for things like high-quality 'custom flyers free', or 'custom flyers online'. Regardless of how much money you have to spare it is always good business practice to search for good deals. Allow enough time between getting your flyers made and whatever event it is you are making them for. Unforeseen events can always occur and as such it is best to be safe than sorry. Make sure that you check out reviews so as not to settle for a bad deal. Also, be sure to communicate often and openly with the printers you settle for; whether template or designer. Go get those flyers made, and spread your message effectively!