The key to running an effective marketing campaign is finding the right advertising medium. With so many print marketing tools available to businesses, it just takes some trial and error to explore which is the best option for you. Among the advertising tools available to companies big and small are catalogs, brochures, business cards, posters, ripcards and flyers, just to name a few.
For years, the flyer has been the coveted weapon in every business’ marketing arsenal. In this helpful guide, we will take a look at the pros and cons of custom flyers and compare them to the often overlooked ripcard. We will also provide you with creative and dynamic ways to use ripcards and flyers to increase your foot traffic.
If you want to make these promotional tools work effectively for different purposes, this guide will come in handy. First, let’s check out the pros and cons of each of these promotional tools:
Ripcard Printing Pros
- Ripcards are a very viable way to advertise your services or products to potential customers in a simple and affordable way.
- Ripcards have a detachable piece at the bottom which can be used to redeem promos or contain valuable information like a business card.
- Ripcards are the best distribution and 2-in-1 promotional tool to get your business name out there, with long-lasting effects.
- Ripcards feature a perforated card at the bottom, that your potential customers can easily tear-off and keep for future use.
- A ripcard’s perforated portable portion can feature relevant contact information regarding your store or special events.
- The large section of the ripcard can be used as a flyer, further promoting your business with this versatile tool.
- A relatively simple marketing tool, ripcards effectively promote your goods and services to your target audience.
Ripcard Printing Cons
- Ripcards come in only one size.
- Retailing at about 80 cents per piece at our online store, ripcards are more expensive that flyers
Flyer Printing Pros
- Flyers are delivered to lots of people which results in improved brand awareness.
- Flyers help you market your business by targeting customers in a more precise manner. Flyers are highly effective for small local businesses.
- Flyers are crucial for promoting events, drumming up business for store openings, advertising sales and much more.
- Flyers can be folded in multiple ways: half fold, tri fold, Z-fold, accordion and more.
- Flyers come in multiple sizes.
- Retailing at about 55 cents per piece at our online store, flyers are more affordable than ripcards.
Flyer Printing Cons
- Unlike ripcards, flyers don’t have that easy detachable piece.
- Due to their simplicity and nature, flyers are easily dismissed by potential customers.
Use Custom Printed Ripcards For
- Raffle Tickets: Ripcards are perfect when used for raffle drawings. Just make sure to print a number on the tear off section so participants can redeem their prizes.
- Business Cards: Use the large section to pass on a creative and snazzy message with attention-grabbing photos about your business, and use the rip portion as a business card for potential customers.
- Event Promotions: Door Hangers with ripcards are perfect for promoting special events such as donations for nonprofits, festivals, grand openings, bars, salon, holiday specials and sporting events. Make sure to feature vibrant images and a message about your event on the large section and supply the location and contact details on the rip.
- Coupons: Ripcards are perfect for giving back to the community. Use the large section to highlight your best services and/or products and provide customers with a one-time use coupon on the rip. Drive sales your way with coupons!
- Frequent Buyer Cards: Honor your loyal customers with a special frequent buyer card. Just use the tear-away section to stamp the frequent items that were purchased, ranging from massage sessions to coffee. Next, offer some kind of special discount as a reward for customer loyalty. It doesn’t have to be something big – even a free muffin can make someone smile. By spreading joy, you are ensuring repeat business in the near future!
Use Custom Printed Flyers For
- Seasonal Campaigns: Flyers are great for the multiple seasonal promotions people expect your business to have throughout the year.
- Grand openings/Announcing Events: Get people intrigued about what’s coming and boost your success rate by reaching out to your target customers and local residents.
- Event Promotion: From music festivals to theater productions, flyers supply all the relevant information about your event and quickly get your target audience up to speed.
- Service or Product Info: Provide short explanations, list product benefits, and spike interest. Last but not least, add a representative’s contact information or a QR code connecting people to your website for those interested in learning more about your goods and services.
- Store Walk-Ins: Get more store walk-ins by offering discounts or simply letting people know about your business.
Ready to Print Ripcards and Flyers?
4OVER4 offers custom flyer printing in the following paper types: 100# Gloss Text and 70# Uncoated Text, 80# Gloss cover, 14 pt Gloss cover, and 14 pt uncoated cover. There are a wide array of sizes to choose from: 4.25″ x 5.5″, 4.25″ x 11″, 5.5″ x 8.5″, 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, 9″ x 12″, 11″ x 17″, and 11″ x 25.5″, with quantities ranging from 50 – 100,000.
4OVER4 offers ripcard printing in the following paper types: 14pt Gloss Cover, 14pt Uncoated Cover (30% PCW), 16pt Gloss Cover, 13pt Uncoated Cover (100% PCW), 14pt White Linen and 15pt Synthetic Plastic. With quantities ranging from 50 – 100,000, our ripcards measure 3.5″ x 8.5″.
What is your preferred tool for increasing brand awareness? Ripcards or flyers? How does your business use ripcard printing and flyer printing effectively? We would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment.