Hand lettering is an alluring art form that adds personality and style to any design. Each letterform is given structure, emphasis and life, making a simple sentence become a story.
This super easy tutorial guides you through the basics of hand lettering, with useful tips and even a DIY guide to take your project digital and ready to print. MadeByMarzipan has a long list of fantastic, short and amateur/pro friendly tutorials to take you further. To start, watch this one and then scroll down for ideas with these 20 hand lettering examples for inspiration. Enjoy!
3. Motivating hand lettering by Hos.
10. Chalk hand lettering work. Project by Chris Yoon.
11. Gorgeous hand lettering and illustration.
12. Chipotle’s packaging. A successful hand-lettering-style design for promotional purposes.
13. Hand lettered wedding invitation. Project by Meagan Chartier.
An example of a great way to make invitations achieve a classy and whimisical look.
14. Smooth and curved hand lettering. Project shared by José.