Brochures are the most tried and tested marketing tool that has the power to compete with the technology-driven world. Between matte vs glossy brochure, which is better? Both are considered a hot commodity due to its ability to communicate vital company or product info effectively.
The custom brochure printing allows you to cover a lot of company and product-related information. It is versatile as well as a cost-effective medium to reach the essential information to your customers. However, a question that often comes into the picture while planning your brochure is, should you print a matte brochure or a glossy brochure?
4OVER4.COM is one of the best platforms to print your brochures and flyers. We can offer both matte and glossy types of paper used for brochure printing. But what kind of cardstock or printing are you looking for? Let’s help you choose the perfect custom brochure printing. Check out the pros and cons of gloss and matte paper types.
Matte Vs Glossy Brochure – Pros
- If you are planning a black and white brochure for print, sticking to the matte paper quality, is the best thing to do. The black and white print on the matte brochure adds texture and depth to your brochure. Matte papers are the best if you don’t have plans to add color to your brochure.
- If you are looking for a gentle, muted, or subdued finish in your brochure print, opt for the matte brochure printing and ensure right paper thickness. There are a few specific colors that look amazing on matte paper. For a subtle, smooth finish, use matte paper.
- Do you have a small budget and looking for the best value for money within low-cost? Use matte paper for printing brochures. Matte paper is a better economical option in many cases.
- Matte is a great option if you are searching for proper readability. As the gloss reflects light, too many texts on a glossy brochure make it a difficult read. Whereas, the matte paper does not reflect light and thus, easily readable.
- Do you have a range of colors and high-resolution images in mind for your brochure printing? In such cases, you would want the colors to pop and glossy paper is the best way to achieve it.
- If you want to stand out in the crowd, use the glossy coating paper. The sleek finish makes your brochure eye-catching that will surely grab your audience’s attention.
- You can have a lasting finish and durable brochure with smooth glossy paper and attractive finishes. It can easily survive the wear and tear.
Matte Vs Glossy Brochure – Cons
- The glossy paper is the widely used material for brochure and menus printing, and people perceive it to be high-end and attractive. In such a scenario, when you try to be unique using the matte brochure, people may not be convinced, and it may affect the perception of your audience.
- The matte finish is usually dull and less vibrant. When you get the colors and images printed on the matte paper, it appears less colorful and bright. It can be beautiful, but for the ones looking for color pops and vibrancy on print, matte brochures may not be the right choice.
- The matte paper is undoubtedly an economical option for printing, but it may not be durable. Moreover, matte is a delicate material so that prints may get fade with time.
- Are you looking for a brochure that has some weight? Then, matte is the right paper type for you. When you choose matte paper for printing, it gives a more substantial and thicker look and feels in comparison to the glossy printed product paper type.
- The glossy paper is prone to attract fingerprints and dust. It can surely make the color pop and make your brochure appear vibrant, but clients will not appreciate fingerprints on your beautiful brochure. So, decide to keep your audience’s choice in mind.
- Do you wish to include too many texts in your brochure? The gloss and shine on the paper can make the short texts readability miserable. It can become difficult for your client to read small text on your brochure when you opt for a glossy paper type.
Which Type of Paper is Right for Your Business?
Whether it is business cards or brochures, deciding the right paper type is very important. What is the purpose of your brochure? Once you know the purpose of your brochure, you may choose between matte vs glossy brochure. Are you looking for a canvas effect or somewhat subdued and muted shades?
Go for the matte paper type, which is also a cost-effective option. If you are looking for a colorful, flashy, and visually appealing gate-fold brochure, go with the glossy paper types.
As the brochure printing is a vital element of any business promotions, you must always be careful while choosing the paper for your brochures. But it is still difficult to judge which paper type would be better for your business until you can compare both glossy and matte brochure paper stock side by side.
4OVER4 – Your Solution for both Matte and Gloss Finish
4OVER4.COM gives you the pleasure to ask for sample copies of both matte and glossy print quality papers and get it delivered at your doorstep. Get the right look and feel of the paper to understand which version matte or gloss is better for your company brochure printing.
Once you have made your decision, you may check the brochure templates available on our website for the tri-fold or double fold brochure printing designs. If you have a particularly unique design in mind, you may discuss it with our team or send us your specifications. 4OVER4 team is highly skilled in designing your full-color brochure according to your stipulations. We make sure that our customer’s printing project is successful and bang on as per their needs.