The Difference Between Velvet Lamination and Soft Touch Printing
Published on July 20, 2017 by 4over4.com, in Business Cards, Creative Business Cards, Printing Tips, Professional Printing, Soft Touch Coating
With such a wide array of finishes used to improve the appearance of printed marketing materials, there is a chance you have already heard about soft touch printing and velvet lamination. Selecting the right finish is crucial – it will make your initiative appear more professional, while dramatically enhancing the overall look of your campaign. Picking the finish that fits your business like a glove will get your brand noticed!
You are probably familiar with some of the more popular print finishes in the industry like embossing, spot UV coating, and die-cutting. Want to take projects to the next level with the latest trends? Velvet lamination and soft-touch printing are two prime examples of fresh, new ideas that are making their entrance into the printing world. But, what’s so great about them? These high-end finishes add a velvety-soft feel to prints! The printed piece gains distinction as it stimulates the sense of touch as well as the sense of sight.
Velvet Lamination VS. Soft Touch Printing
How do velvet lamination and soft touch printing compare? Even though both options produce slightly similar results, there is a difference. Is one finish superior to the other? Velvet lamination adds a protective layer to your prints, resulting in muted colors and added elegance. On the other hand, soft touch printing adds a smooth feel to print materials that do not affect the overall look.
So, which of these sophisticated finishes would you prefer? By identifying your printing needs and learning everything you need to know about velvet lamination and soft touch coating, you can make a more informed decision!
Velvet lamination provides such a soft texture that has been compared to the skin of a fresh peach! Also known as “velvet-feel”, it adds a protective layer that results in long-lasting prints with a delicate feel. Velvet laminate finish can easily wow a target audience by providing a deeper and richer look to printed materials. This high-end technique is a perfect choice for those businesses looking for something a little off the beaten path.
This finish is applied for both functional and aesthetic purposes. It works well on business cards, catalogs, greeting cards and more. Velvet finish adds a flexible look and feel, which softens colors, reduces contrast and gives an overall lighter appearance. Sounds like a perfect match for your printing needs? Check out our coveted velvet laminated greeting cards. They come in several convenient sizes and can be printed in full color on one or both sides. Ask for free samples!
Choose Velvet Lamination if You Need:
- Scratch-resistant surfaces that add depth to your printed graphics
- Material that increases the life of your print
- Striking yet elegant appearance
- Durable prints that seduce your audience
- Non-glossy effect
Soft Touch Coating
Similar to velvet lamination, soft touch coating creates a velvety texture. This stylish finish allows a printed piece to stand out from others by creating a subtly plush texture that encourages touch and engagement. The best part is that this unique texture does not diminish color or quality. Plus, it is environmentally friendly!
Soft touch coating is quickly growing in popularity! It can be applied to almost any print product and brings instant attention to your marketing initiatives. You can order soft touch business cards, postcards, catalogs, brochures, book covers or hangtags and choose among twelve rich color seams and various paper thickness options. Additionally, soft touch coating is less expensive than velvet lamination.
Choose Soft Touch Coating if You Need:
- Soft look and feel on your printed materials
- Fingerprint-resistant finish
- Printed pieces that do not yellow over time
- A choice of various paper thickness options
- Sophisticated prints that increase tactile appeal
Other Important Benefits of These Coveted Finishes
- In general, soft touch coating delivers a chic, matte effect while also providing a luxurious, tactile feel. These one-of-a-kind attributes can boost customer engagement, while positively reflecting brand image.
- Velvet lamination is scuff-resistant, making this finish useful for print items in solid colors. Besides, its anti-scratch property also comes in handy for matte packaging solutions or other print products that are highly-susceptible to scratches.
- Velvet lamination is a much more expensive finish than soft touch coating. For those business owners or freelancers on a tight budget, soft touch coating is an excellent solution for a distinctive and exceptional finish!
We hope this comparison of the most lavish finishes available comes in handy. Dare to stand out by selecting a classy finish that complements your project, giving your print items the look your brand deserves!
Which printing technique appeals the most to you? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to kindly leave a comment below.
Do you have an upcoming print project? Browse our user-friendly website for further inspiration!